Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Building Aria in Java ++

I thought building the java examples would be a 5 min task, but it turned out that in NetBeans creating a library and including the library path is different than adding the jar as library ?!.

The other obstacle was having 64 bit Windows 7, I tried forcing Windows 7 to run NetBeans as Windows XP, but Java is too smart and still used the 64 bit, where Aria's jar is 32 bit.
To solve this problem I tried 2 things:
-recompile aria's jar to 64 bit - FAILED
-force NetBeans to use 32 bit - GOT too LAZY

so my solution was to switch to my other computer (32 bit Windows XP SP3)
There was no problem there. To save time, if you see any of these errors please read above !!!

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\MobileRobots\Aria\bin\AriaJava.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

No comments:

Post a Comment